Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In God's Time.....

Three years ago.
July 20, 2009.
The day that God showed Jason all the potentially-adoptable babies in the NICU at ACH.

A few days later, as we were riding the elevator at Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Jason told me what he had witnessed in the NICU with a tear in his eye.

“They had no parents to hold them, Wendy.” I remember him saying.

The seed was planted that day, July 22nd.

The few nights that Jason and I were alone in the waiting room during those emotional 17 days, we talked and prayed about Jonah, our beautiful baby fighting for his life. And our conversation would always drift to the children in the NICU, one floor down, with no one to love them, no one to hold them. Statistically, about 30% of them were going into state care.

“Do you want to adopt, Jason?”

“With or without Jonah, yes. But one thing at a time.” (Please understand that Jason’s faith was always deeper than mine. He was always closer to God. I admit that freely. I never accepted Jonah’s trip to Heaven until the last night in his room.)

Now, my point, in God’s time. Almost three years to the date that it was placed in our hearts to adopt, we are about to realize that dream of inviting a new child into our home. I sit at the calendar and realize that we are no longer months away from opening. We are weeks away. Three weeks at the most. I realize then that our original date or potentially Jonah’s birthday could coincide with the new children arriving. We have no idea of the time or the date…only He does. I do know that I don’t believe in coincidence. I know everything happens for a reason. This time of year that once brought us much sadness and despair is going to breathe new life into Jason and myself, and bring a new joy into our lives, our home and Elijah’s life.

With a part of our heart missing, deep sadness, and tears in our eyes, we are ready for the next part of our lives. We are ready to start completing our family again.

Love & Prayers,

Wendy

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH TO GLORY MORTON!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fight-Like-a-Glory-Girl/206393402710266

Jump over to her Facebook page and send her parents some love. Glory had a smile that could light up a room. I will never forget standing over her bed for my first trip back to ACH. I was a wreck.  Glory smiled and stuck her sweet little tongue out. That smile and that little tongue brought a smile to my face when I needed it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment